SSH Authentication / Impersonation Question

Andrew Hodgson andrewh@betgenius.com
Fri Jun 15 13:06:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 15/06/07, Bengt-Arne Fjellner <bengt-arne.fjellner@ltu.se> wrote:
> Or you could look at psexec in pstools it's the window equivalent to ssh

Sorry, I didn't mention this is across the Internet! psexec isn't an
option. The root problem is that impersonation of an admin user was
enough to execute "net stop w3svc" before I installed a batch of
updates, and now it appears not to be. I just wondered if anyone else
had the same experience.

I think that, to avoid future problems like this, a VPN is the best
way to go. Then we can use RPC-based tools such as psexec, among other
benefits.

Rgds,

Andrew