the character problem in my cygwin manpage

DePriest, Jason R. jrdepriest@gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:57:00 GMT 2007

On 7/31/07, sun  wrote:
> my cygwin man pages are mixed with error characters (such as âˆâˆ’c).
> this is the result of 'man ls', please help to locate the problem.
> LS(1)                            User Commands                           LS(1)
>
> NAME
>        ls �list directory contents
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        ls [OPTION]... [FILE]...
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        List information about the FILEs (the current directory by
> default).  Sort entries alphabetically if none
>        of −cftuvSUX nor −−sort.
>
>        Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
>
>        −a, −−all
>               do not ignore entries starting with .

Does this http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-11/msg00745.html help?

-Jason

--
NOTICE:  This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet.  Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese