ImportError: No module named Numeric

mostlyharmless garstonian@hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:56:00 GMT 2007

I have added Numeric to cygwin (using the setup.exe utility) but when I try
to import Numeric i get the Import error:-

  $ python
  Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 18 2007, 16:56:43)
  [GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
  >>> import Numeric
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  ImportError: No module named Numeric

I'm guessing I need to set the PYTHONPATH environment variable, but looking
through the cygwin directory I can't find either Numeric.so or Numeric.dll,
although there are many other Numeric files, am I on the right track here?