1.5.24: unhandled exception on cygwin setup

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Wed Jul 25 10:23:00 GMT 2007

On 25 July 2007 11:08, Andreas Baak wrote:

> The installation ran fine until it came to installing
> /etc/postinstall/terminfo.sh.
> It produced an exception: "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in
> bash.exe[268]". This exception popped up on every .sh that should be
> executed by the setup routine. The same exception popped up when I click
> on the cywgin-shortcuts.
>
> Running "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" fails with an unhandled win32
> exception in id.exe and in cygcheck.exe. The output file only contains
> my windows path environment variable. Running "cygcheck -s -v -r" always
> produces the exceptions but only sometimes produces a longer output on
> the command line which I 'copy and paste'd into the attachment.

  That's one of the most bizarre ones I've seen.

> My attempts to fix the problem include deleting, re-downloading (using
> different mirrors) and re-installing cygwin several times and rebooting
> windows.
>
> Maybe someone has an idea what goes wrong.

  I suspect some kind of bad interaction with your security software or
something similar.  Do you have any of the following installed?  If not, what
do you use for firewall/antivirus/antispyware/etc ?

Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component
Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware
Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service
Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall
Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall
LanDesk
Windows Defender
Embassy Trust Suite fingerprint reader software wxvault.dll

    cheers,
      DaveK