[ANNOUNCEMENT] [test-version] emacs-22.1-3/emacs-el-22.1-3/emacs-X11-22.1-3

Ken Brown kbrown@math.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 23 21:33:00 GMT 2007

On 7/23/2007 4:29 PM, Steffen Sledz wrote:
> After a long time a new *TEST* version of 'emacs' has been uploaded to a
> server near you.

Emacs-22.1-3 aborts with a core dump when I try to compile a large latex
document (a 750 page book, split into several input files) under auctex
11.84.  It works OK with simpler latex documents.  I used the X11
version of emacs, started from an xterm window, and I use miktex 2.6 for
the latex compilation.

The problem doesn't occur with emacs-21.3.50-2 (the previous
experimental version) or emacs-21.2-13.  The problem also doesn't occur
with Angelo Graziosi's build of emacs 22.1:

I've tried this on 3 different machines and the results are the same.
My cygcheck output from one of the machines is attached, although I
suspect it's not relevant.

[I previously reported this problem to the cygwin-apps list and thought
it had something to do with ctags.  But I no longer think this.  The
problem occurs whether or not the ctags package is installed.]

Ken