Measure traffic on openssh tunnel?

Finexe AFW afw@finexe.com
Mon Jul 23 17:02:00 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have installed the latest openSSHd to setup a ssh tunnel on windows 2k3. I
would like to measure the monthly traffic that goes through the tunnel (or
total traffic until tunnel is closed) and am wondering how to achieve this.
Is there any such functionality in openssh? Any suggestions how I should go
about?

More info: The tunnel will be from one local port to a port on a remote
host. From what I understand the tunnel I want to measure will be something
like: ssh -l username -L localport:remoteserver:remoteport localhost cat -

(thought: Could that cat - command be changed to something more useful for
measurement?)

Regards,
Finexe Adm