new setup.exe not as reliable as old

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Wed Jul 18 22:44:00 GMT 2007

Was updating my out of date packages.  One was perl.  Under
newer setup (2.573.2.2) it would get an access violation,
repeatedly, as it was trying to remove perl.

I ran the older setup (2.510.2.2).  Worked fine the first time.

There were other packages that were being installed at same
time, so I tried them separately (under new-setup), they worked
fine.  But with just perl&doc, ->Coredump.
As said, older setup worked fine except for warnings to upgrade
to the newer, non-working version. ;^/

My perl is installed now, so I am not "blocked" in any way,
but I did want to mention the reliability issue on the new
setup in case others ran into it.

What was supposed to change in the new setup, anyway?  Is
there a URL for the Changelog?

Tnx,