tetex-tiny installation stuck at texmf.sh

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni@gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:53:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to LyX on Windows Vista Business using Cygwin Setup.exe 2.573.2.2

LyX depends on tetex.

The installation gets stuck in the post build procedure of tetex-tiny.

The Setup window says that it is running post-texmf.sh , but it is
stuck. I waited for a really long time (many minutes). I see several
sh.exe processes and one of them is doing a lot of IO. If i cancel the
Setup.exe window, then this sh.exe process remains and goes on doing a
lot of IO.

I tried installing LyX's dependencies step by step, installing tetex
packages one by one, etc., but to no avail. It eventually gets stuck
at post-texmf.sh

I found a report similar to this one here:

... but i haven't found a solution there.

Maybe it is a Vista-specific problem, because i succeeded at
installing LyX successfully on several other machines with XP.

If there's any more information i can send to help solve this, such as
a log or anything, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni