Own Compiled Program Immediately Crashes on Startup

Hans Streibel streibel.2003@gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 10:01:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just tried to build my favorite editor jove (jove4.16.0.65)
under cygwin. This editor does not have anything to do
with X. It works on the console.

The package has an explanation on how to compile
jove under cygwin. I followed that explanation and
compiling, linking and installing went fine.
However the resulting program immediately exits when
I try to start it.

I even inserted a printf() statement at the very beginning
of the main() function but its text is not displayed.
Therefore there seems to be something going wrong at the very
beginning of the program.
I also tried to use some stack related options and
also increased the stack and heap size. Without success.

My cygwin installation seems to be ok because a simple
"hello world" program compiles and runs fine.

The result of cygcheck and 2 typescripts are attached.

Hans

--
hhaannss@@ssttrreeiibbeell..nneett