rxvt question

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Thu Jul 12 10:08:00 GMT 2007

> If this is the cause of the problem then the solution is simple: use a
> Cygwin version of the app or avoid the use of ptys.

There's no Cygwin version of SQL*Plus, which comes as a binary blob from
Oracle.  I was going to say "Unfortunately", but decided that this is
actually a blessing.

Teggy, FWIW, I recommend that you consider abandoning SQL*Plus, which is
about the most pathetically weak excuse for an SQL client that you could
imagine.  The interface is impoverished.  It doesn't even offer command
history.

Consider installing Eclipse
(http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3-200706251500/eclipse-platform-3.3-win32.zip)
with SQL Explorer (http://eclipsesql.sourceforge.net/).  They're both free.
If you've never used Eclipse before you'll have to spend some time to get
up and running, but you'll be rewarded with a rich graphical environment
for SQL.  See the screenshots of SQL Explorer to get an idea.

Good luck,
Andrew.