Perl documentation inaccessible via 'perldoc'.

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Thu Jul 5 08:26:00 GMT 2007

> Rob@desktop2 /cygdrive/c/_32/working/math-gmpz/Math-GMPz-0.22
> $ perldoc ExtUtils::MakeMaker
> Error in tempfile() using ./XXXXXXXXXX: Parent directory (./) is not
> writable
>  at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/Pod/Perldoc.pm line 1483

tempfile() is trying to create the tempfile in the current directory,
rather than a standard temporary directory such as /tmp.  'perldoc
File::Temp' says that if you don't specify a tempfile directory, tempfile()
puts it in the location returned by File::Spec::tempdir().  Normally that
should be /tmp.  I wonder, do you have TMPDIR set?  Try setting it, e.g.

export TMPDIR=/tmp/Rob

and see if that solves the problem.
A.