bug in cygwin_conv_to_posix_path() caused by period in win32 path

Pavel Kudrna Pavel.Kudrna@mff.cuni.cz
Wed Jul 4 09:15:00 GMT 2007

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 07/03/2007, Pavel Kudrna wrote:
>> >

>> >     * /From/: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
>> >
>> >   They are legal, but there's no possible way to convert them to
>> POSIX, which
>> > has no notion of a per-drive current directory.
>> >   Ok, but Cygwin != POSIX :-)
>> Cygwin application has environment variable for each drive letter to
>> remember current drive. See example and run it from cmd.exe.
>

> And current drive != current directory on that drive.
Sorry for inaccuracy, I wanted to write:
Cygwin application has environment variable for each drive letter to
remember current DIRECTORY.
Here is example:
!C:=C:\Program Files\cygwin\bin
!L:=L:\home\kudrna\test\z
!S:=S:\
!T:=T:\
> FWIW, the environment variables you speak of come from Windows.
I'm not sure where those variables come from.
But if the program is compiled with -mno-cygwin those variables do not
appear.
Do you mean that the variables are present but hidden in that case?
Pavel Kudrna