[ANNOUNCEMENT] Setup.exe updated to version 2.573.2.2

fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 3 19:54:00 GMT 2007

 > I asked was whether you could make a stock Cygwin system
 > on *your* machine and reproduce the issue, just to figure
 > out if this is an issue in setup because of the non-default
 > Cygwin location, or there are other things different about
 > your system.

I did this. I built a brand new Cygwin located conventionally at
c:\Cygwin, and then un-mounted it. I used both old setup.exe (2.510.2.2)
and new setup.exe (2.573.2.2), one after the other, and both pointing at
c:\Cygwin. Both successfully remounted the system and also both noticed
correctly that no update was required.

I then built a new system neither at \ nor c:\Cygwin, actually at
c:\Test. I un-mounted it. I used old setup, then new setup, both
pointing at c:\Test. Old setup noticed that no update was required.
However, new setup again failed to see this, and attempted a complete
download.

It seems to me that it is not the location at the root that confuses new
setup, but any location that is not at \Cygwin.

Fergus