[ANNOUNCEMENT] Setup.exe updated to version 2.573.2.2
Mon Jul 2 23:12:00 GMT 2007
I've updated the version of setup.exe at <http://cygwin.com/setup.exe>
to version 2.573.2.2. This version incorporates a number of bug fixes and new
features, as listed below.
- Fix crash when trying to MD5 a non-existant package file that failed to
- Don't append a trailing slash to local package directory location if it
already has one, or it ends in a backslash.
- Be more robust in falling back to setup.ini if setup.bz2 doesn't exist
or appears to be corrupt.
- Fix crashes and improve specificity of error messages when encountering
an .ini file parse error. Make progress meter active during parsing of a
bz2-compressed .ini file.
- At the last install step, inform the user of success/failure at the bottom
of the main panel instead of with an annoying message box popup.
- Fix bug that caused a wrong version of a source package to be selected
in some cases due to erroniously comparing versions as text instead of
- Gracefully handle the case where two packages contain a postinstall script
of the same name.
- Allow interactively retrying to replace open files.
- Create Cygwin.bat with upper-case C to make filename TAB completion of
/cygdrive more convenient.
- Fix unreadable chooser page due to bad background colour problem.
- Make categories named with an initial "." default to expanded display.
- Fix a class of crashes due to poor string handling. Remove use of custom
String class in favor of std::string.
- Update DNS names to preferred forms: cygwin.com and sources.redhat.com.
- Handle dropped mirrors elegantly.
- Fix incorrect logging of postinstall script success/failure.
- Provide indication of site that a file is being downloaded from.
- Fix command line options to override cached selections.
- Sort the mirrors list by logical structure of DNS names.
- Do not attempt to reopen a missing package database on initial install.
- Cache mirror list and use local copy if server unavailable.
- Slightly improve logged error messages.
- Run postinstall scripts in dependency order.
- Fix problem of FTP connections timing out and not being retried.
- Change checkbox label to "Hide obsolete packages" and add tooltip that
explains in more detail what it does.
- Set tooltip timeout delay to 30 seconds.
- Fix problem of text and icons using white background instead of user's
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
More information about the Cygwin