/etc/bash_completion & svn/svk completion

Jared Silva jayrod@gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 15:10:00 GMT 2007

Eric Blake wrote:
> You can also try debugging it yourself.  At the command line, turn on the
> options 'set -xv', then when you hit TAB, you will see what bash is trying
> to do during the tab completion.  I don't personally use svn, so I'm not
> the best candidate to help you fix the _svn() helper function used when
> tab-completing svn, but compgen is loaded with options to try to help
> decipher when to use directories with or without a trailing slash.

Any idea what this means?

$ svn update Con+ local cur prev commands options command
+ COMPREPLY=()
+ cur=Con
+ commands='add blame praise annotate ann cat checkout co cleanup commit \
                ci copy cp delete del remove rm diff di export help ? h import \
                info list ls lock log merge mkdir move mv rename ren \
                propdel pdel pd propedit pedit pe propget pget pg \
                proplist plist pl propset pset ps resolved revert \
                status stat st switch sw unlock update up'
+ [[ 2 -eq 1 ]]
+ prev=update
+ case $prev in
+ command=update