setup.exe instructions refer to missing packages

Sun Jan 28 19:58:00 GMT 2007

Linda Walsh wrote:
> I'm trying to see if I'm able to checkout and build
> setup.exe
>
> The instructions say to load three "-devel" required
> packages.  Unfortunately, they don't seem to be in
> setup's list of packages.  Are they missing or are
> the instructions out of date or what?
> Missing packages:
>
> - autoconf-devel
>
>  - automake-devel
>  - libtool-devel

They are out-of-date.  What you actually need are:

autoconf      (ver 4.1 or newer; this is a wrapper)
autoconf2.5   (actual sutoconf from 2.5x series)

automake      (ver 2.1 or newer; this is a wrapper)
automake1.9   (perhaps 1.10, I'm not sure)

libtool1.5

--
Chuck