cygwin 1.5.23-2 : I can't use select() with serial device and socket

Florent Morin morinflorent@gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:40:00 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have a problem using cygwin. My program does this :
- It accept a socket connection,
- it listen on it,
- it open serial device read/write (O_RDWR),
- it create 2 fd_sets,
- listening loop :
  - adding file descriptors to sets,
  - call select(),
  - if something is on serial port, I write it to socket,
  - if something is on socket, i write it to serial

It works fine on Linux.

With windows, only read or write works fine.

If I begin on reading on serial, I can't write after (access denied).
If I begin on writing on serial, I can't read after (access denied).

If someone have a solution, thanks to help me, please...