activestate perl on cygwin

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Jan 12 13:47:00 GMT 2007

Kevin T Cella wrote:
>> [snip] but the point of this little story is that you are short
>> sighted if you believe that the only platform you'll encounter and
>> thus need to deal with is Windows...
> I agree completely. This is for personal use.
What does that matter? It's still short sited.
>> Although this is thorough off topic, perhaps you can explain it
>> better to me as I don't use ActiveState therefore I don't see what
>> you are claiming. Exactly which "full path" is expanded to "what" and
>> passed to (guess) ActiveState Perl interpreter as, again, what? Is it
>> $0 that you speak of that may be a Cygwin path? I'm confused however
>> if it is $0 then why couldn't that also be handled in the Perl script?
> The error is as follows:
>
> [~] $ myscript.pl
> Can't open perl script "/home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl": No such file or
> directory
>
> [~] $ ls -l /home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 kcella None 651 Jan 12 07:33 /home/kcella/bin/myscript.pl
And what does #! look like? (And I'll ask for completion's sake as you
never seems to be thorough nor accurate in your answers), what does ls
<portion after #! in your script> return? Oh and what is PATH set to?
And while we're at it, what is the exact path of the program  you wanted
to be executed (i.e. C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe?).
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?