having problems with getting Up and Runnign

Morgan Gangwere 0.fractalus@gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 19:36:00 GMT 2007

Thanks! i deleted all registry entrys and the cygwin dir. i suspect that
how cygwin handles all the locations of things (such as where the
binaries live) and how all that runs
i also found that bash and such have an issue with mulit-word usernames
windows allows these but Pine and Mutt fail because they are made for
/home/username/mail/ but i used /home/user name/mail (username was Sys
Admin)
bash would show "[Sys Admin@the-ookbox]" but GNUStep would try to
write to /home/sys/GNUStep/ not /home/Sys Admin/GNUStep/
should we fix this in a future version? make the username all one word
(or use "_" in place - this makes it simpler)?

thanks,
Morgan Gangwere

On 1/6/07, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Morgan Gangwere wrote:
> > all:
> > i have been using cygwin for some time now and found a problem.
> > i installed irssi with cygwin static and have now decided to run real
> > cygwin.
> > here is hte proccess i went through:
> > 1. install irssi
> > 2. use irssi
> > 3. decide I want real cygwin
> > 4. download and Install cygwin (setting the install path to C:\cygwin\
> > and the temp to C:\cygtemp\ )
> > 4. uninstall irssi
> > 5. attempt to use cygwin
> >
> > FAILIURE MODE:
> > when I run Cygwin.bat i get the following:
> > "Bash: Bash - command not found"
> > aparrently, from what i have seen is that bash runs itself in order to
> > check variables and to run ~/.bashrc
> > this is a problem apparently related to the process that i used
> > how do i fix this?
>
> You're best bet?  <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>
> A WAG is that you should re-run "setup.exe" and choose "Reinstall" for all.
> If you choose to try my WAG before consulting
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, please consult it if my WAG doesn't work
> out for you.
>
> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.