Fw: help win winxp install

Sun Jan 7 02:37:00 GMT 2007

Sam The Cat wrote:
> figure this one out  (I think)
>
> the first pass of the gcc (cc1) was looking for a dll "cygintl-3.dll"
> this could not be found.  I did find "cygintl-8.dll" which shows
> modification as of 10/22/2006.  Not sure if it is a complete fix but I
> copied the "cygintl-8.dll" file and renamed it "cygintl-3.dll" and the
> gcc now passes a rudementaly hello.c complile.

That's a truly terrible way to solve your problem.  A better way would have
been to consult <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to find the package you were
missing (libintl3) and install it.  I recommend you do that immediately if
you don't want to suffer from more problems as a result of your attempt
above.

Holliston, MA 01746