cygwin won't run, missing cygintl-8.dll file

Gary Richardson grichardson@smartaflow.com
Tue Jan 2 10:06:00 GMT 2007

Hello,
         I've installed cywin before on XP and had no problem.
         I've just installed cygwin 1.5.23-2 on Windows XP and when I
went to run it I received the msg "Application failed to start because
cygintl-8.dll was not found. Reinstalling application may fix this
problem." I tried that and it didn't.
         I have tried Google and the web and searched the mailing
archives but have not found an answer. Could I have a pointer so as to
find where to go to fix this. Thanks in advance
Bye
Regards    Gary