Make and rsync can no longer find commands?

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon Jan 1 23:15:00 GMT 2007

On 01 January 2007 22:24, Ned Batchelder wrote:

> Sorry, it's attached.
>
> Another data point: These problems happen when running make or rsync
> from a Windows console running cmd.exe.  If I start a bash session (just
> by running bash in my Windows console), then run "make clean", it works
> fine.  Same for rsync: run it from cmd.exe, ssh is not found.  Run it
> from a bash session, and it works fine.

  Well, that most likely means it's something in your .bashrc or .bash-profile
that's setting your path in a way that it isn't set naturally in cmd.exe.  You
might want to try moving "c:\app\cygwin\bin" earlier in your path, maybe
something's getting confused by those paths with spaces in them.

    cheers,
      DaveK