cygwin-1.5.24-2: cygpath -w --long-name scrambles non-existing filename

Mon Feb 12 17:36:00 GMT 2007

On Feb 12 17:45, Bernhard Leiner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I experience a problem that has already been reported (and solved)
> several months before:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00861.html
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00878.html
>
> My output:
>
> $ cygpath -v
> cygpath (cygwin) 1.42
> Compiled on Jan 31 2007
>
> $ cygpath -w -l 12345678901234
> 123456789012 +  non printable characters
>
> Can you confirm this bug or is my cygwin environment screwed up?

It's a bug which has been fixed already a couple months ago.  Cygpath
from the developer snapshots won't show this problem.  Unfortunately
I forgot to merge this patch into the latest 1.5.x releases.  As a
workaround, always check for existence before calling cygpath this way.

Corinna

Red Hat