ar 'unable to rename... Invalid cross-device link'

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 7 20:59:00 GMT 2007

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I took the time to install and configure SUA on my R2 server.  Then I
> tried to rename a file, where the target file name already exists:
> [snip test program]
> So it WJFFM.  There must be a problem in your setup.

Ok, trying your exact test, I get EXDEV... so I agree with the above.
Any guesses *what*, though? (I don't have that volume information toy
:-(...)

...it might even be something stupid like if I reboot the machine, it'll
work again (it's a lab machine, it isn't rebooted often). I've noticed
that I often have to unmount and remount drives before I can write to
them (nothing to do with Cygwin, just an annoyance I've noticed that may
be related).

Oh, well. Chalk it up to the computer being broken. Since it turns out I
can build on a different machine, it's not important.

Thanks again for the help, sorry it's a dead end.

--
Matthew
We interrupt this e-mail to bring you a lame signature attempting to be