Eliminating -mno-cygwin from gcc.

Mon Feb 5 16:58:00 GMT 2007

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I suppose that you could add a post-install script but it is too late at
> that point.  This would force a normal cygwin user into a reinstall frenzy
> from which they might not ever recover.  It might be better than nothing,
> though.

Sounds to me like we need to consider extending the setup.ini format
(and, by extension, the setup.hint format) to include an optional field:

popup: This package is a significant change from the previous release.
Please check <a href="http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2007-02/">the

Or something like that.  Note that we cannot provide a direct link to
the actual announcement because that's a catch-22: you need to upload
the new package before you announce, but if the uploaded setup.hint
needs the URL of the announcement then you're out of luck.  But a link
to the correct *month*'s archive should be good enough.

--
Chuck