GUI programs dont launch under correct user using ssh

Tue Dec 18 21:31:00 GMT 2007

Vivek Pathak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed cygwin according to instructions on the cygwin site to
> install sshd on a windows XP machine (Win2).
>
> Win2 is a member of a domain MyDomain.
>
> I login via ssh to Win2 as MyDomain\Administrator and try to start
> outlook using "cmd /c "OUTLOOK.EXE". I want Outlook to startup on Win2
> machine. It doesnt launch properly, I tried the check "Interact with
> desktop" in the installed service but no luck.
>
> If i do a "cmd /c "WHOAMI.EXE", it shows
> NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM user instead of
> MyDomain\Administrator although i logged in as MyDomain\Administrator
> and this if the cause of all the trouble.
>
> How do i ensure that the bash shell launched when i ssh to Win2 launches
> as usre MyDomain\Administrator

Make sure your '/etc/passwd' and '/etc/group' files contain your user/group
information.  See the Users Guide for details if you need help with these
files and mkpasswd/mkgroup.  If this is not the problem, make sure you use
password authentication.

Holliston, MA 01746