Starting native windows GUI app via ssh.

Roger Wells ROGER.K.WELLS@saic.com
Mon Dec 17 23:53:00 GMT 2007

A few weeks I asked for help with the same problem.  The advice that
worked (I think)  was to be sure that the installation of sshd was such
that it is allowed to interact with the desktop.
In any case I have it working in my situation so let me know if you need
more help.
HTH

Brian Mathis wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 3:20 PM, Clayton Holloway <clayton.holloway@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it at all possible to start a native windows application(GUI) via ssh
>> and have it actually appear on the windows box?
>>
>> No matter what app I run via ssh (firefox, notepad, etc) the process is
>> listed in the task manager, but is nowhere to be found on the screen. If
>> X were in use here, I'd just set the DISPLAY variable, but afaik windows
>> won't use a DISPLAY.
>>
>> Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> You need to install the cygwin ssh service with the "Interact with
> desktop" option enabled.
>
> --

Roger Wells, P.E.
SAIC