Running dovecot under Cygwin

Ronny mlng@foxtrott-nb.de
Mon Dec 17 14:10:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

i am trying to get imap server "dovecot" running under cygwin.

Compiling the server finished without any errors.
But running the server does not work.

As far as i can see, dovecot runs a master process, that uses execv to
launch a child (auth) process. The child process is killed immedeatly.
This causes the whole server to shutdown.

Does anybody have experience with running dovecot under cygwin?

uw-imap, that is distributed with cygwin does not match with my needs. I
  am looking for an imap server taht supports virtual user using a user
database.

Cheers
Ronny