cross-device mv regression in latest snapshot

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
Fri Aug 31 14:58:00 GMT 2007

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:

> I'm trying to track down a breakage in cross-device moves in the latest
cygwin
> CVS code, whether it is in coreutils-9.6-5 or due to a recent cygwin change,
> although my current suspect is Corinna's changes.

I've ruled out my changes in coreutils-9.6-5, as a fresh CVS coreutils build
exhibits the same problem.  Rather, via a gdb trace, it appears this call is
the problem:

open("file2", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_EXCL | O_BINARY, 0600);

It is creating the file on the samba share, then returning -1 as the fd.

--
Eric Blake