How do I make scripts my PC executable

Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com
Thu Aug 30 17:45:00 GMT 2007

David Christensen wrote:
> I wrote:
>>     $ cat ssh-backup-all.bat
>>     C:\cygwin\bin\bash ./ssh-backup-all
>
> Steve Holden wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be possible to omit the first two executable lines and
>> have the batch script read
>>     c:\cygwin\bin\bash -l ./ssh-backup-all
>
> I posted a sample shell session.  The "$ cat ssh-backup-all.bat" is what I typed
> into my shell and the "C:\cygwin\bin\bash ./ssh-backup-all" is the result (e.g.
> the output of the "cat" command; the contents of "./ssh-backup-all").

And I posted alternative content for the batch script that would save
you from putting two unnecessary lines in the shell script. Or so I thought.

The -l (or --login) option has bash read its usual startup files,
thereby avoiding the need four the course (".") commands at the
beginning of the shell script.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119