Full reinstall now fails with Vista STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION during postinstall

Jim Kleckner jek-cygwin2@kleckner.net
Wed Aug 29 05:56:00 GMT 2007

In trying to figure out what was going on with Vista Business,
I removed all of cygwin and reinstalled, first as me with
administrator privileges and then with "run as administrator".
In all cases, the postinstall scripts all fail with lines like:

       6 [unknown (0x890)] bash 3248 _cygtls::handle_exceptions:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  301469 [unknown (0x890)] bash 3248 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack
trace to bash.exe.stackdump
2007/08/28 16:31:16 abnormal exit: exit code=35584

I turned off NOD32 and Defender first.

It had worked for a little time and now I can't seem to resurrect it.
The cygcheck output is attached.

Is this a dual-core issue?

Thanks.