rsync problems from Vista installed cygwin, ok on XP

Sun Aug 19 09:46:00 GMT 2007

On Aug 18 21:06, DaveB wrote:
> So... two interesting followon points...
>
> 1. Why didn't the ACLs get set to something reasonable as opposed to 000 in
> the first place when I created this little test area in Vista?  After all, I

The directory has been created using native Windows tools.  The permissions
given using native Windows tools *are* strange and don't follow POSIX rules.
It's perfectly valid that you can access a directory under Windows but get
000 POSIX permissions.  You did see the '+' at the end of the permission
in ls -l?

Corinna

Red Hat