NFS + Cygwin + SSH + ssh keys => :(

Igor Peshansky pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Aug 16 19:16:00 GMT 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Gerry Steele wrote:

> > There isn't one, unless you make the shares public.
>
> Clearly that is preferable. But i spend ~5 hours trying to do that
> before trying this.

Define "this" and "that"... :-)

> when i try to run the sshd services as the windows user it won't
> start. I gave it permissions to run services but nothing.

There could be many reasons for this.  First off, we don't know anything
about your system.  Please read and follow

to provide us with that information.  Second, if you've previously started
sshd as SYSTEM (or sshd_server, if you used privilege separation), you
will have log files and directories owned by that user, which are now
inaccessible to the user you're trying to run sshd as.

But the above is a WAG in the absense of any information about your setup.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Belief can be manipulated.  Only knowledge is dangerous.  -- Frank Herbert