scp kills rndis connection

Bob Marshall bob.marshall@fallingblossoms.com
Fri Apr 27 18:16:00 GMT 2007

I hope this is the right list to report this problem. Please advise if
there's a more suitable list / forum.

Problem: When using scp in e.g. a cygwin bash shell window to copy a
file to a USB gadget over usbnet (i.e. via ethernet/RNDIS), the copy
works, but then the RNDIS connection dies and requires a reboot (I have
found no means to recover / repair the RNDIS connection).

I was happy to regard this as solely a Windows problem until I tried the
same thing using the command line (scripting) interface of WinSCP (v3)
and had nary a problem with it.

Windows device: Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget
The actual Linux device is a gumstix using the gumstix linux distro (ssh
supplied by dropbear) (for the record).

I've attached an (anonymized) cygcheck output in case it helps any.

--
Bob Marshall
Chief Coach

"...fixing UK software development organisations..."