VS 2005 cl.exe /Zi fails under ssh public key authentication

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen@gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:54:00 GMT 2007

On 4/20/07, Andrew Jorgensen <andrew.jorgensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/20/07, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > Current Cygwin 1.5.24 doesn't add the interactive group to the token's
> > group list automatically.  This has been changed in current CVS and
> > you could try if a recent developer snapshot (http://cygwin.com/snapshots/)
> > works for you.
>
> Thanks Corinna!  I'll give this a try today.

I tried the latest snapshot 2007-03-30 by downloading
cygwin-inst-20070330.tar.bz2 and un-tarring it over my installation
(and manually replacing the cygwin dll outside of cygwin with ssh shut
down).  The problem seems to remain.  Unless I've installed the
snapshot incorrectly it looks like MS was wrong about the interactive
group.  I will send them instructions on how to install the snapshot
and re-test so that they can see that this wasn't it.

Thanks for all the help so far!

- Andrew