Emacs ignores signals

Edwin Goei Edwin.Goei@Sun.COM
Mon Apr 16 16:29:00 GMT 2007

Karr, David wrote:
> I'm guessing you weren't using the Cygwin-built xemacs.  I use Xemacs
> built for Cygwin, and I haven't been able to send signals to
> subprocesses for a long time.

No, I am using the xemacs installed from the cygwin installer. The
precise version is: "XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) \"Double Solitaire\" [Lucid]
(i686-pc-cygwin, Mule) of Fri Dec 15 2006 on vzell-de" and I am able to
C-c C-c to interrupt a process in shell-mode. This does not work with
gnu emacs 21.3.50.1 nor 21.2.x. Anyone else seeing this or have a fix?

The main reason I tried to switch is because I wanted to run "vc-svn.el"
or VC support for subversion. This signals problem is now the major
hurdle for me.

-Edwin