redefining $HOME

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra@gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:05:00 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the windows folder "My
Documents" or even "C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME" (or some dir
inside those) as the hoe directory in Cygwin. I though about
substituting the user directory inside /home by a symlink to one of the
above. Is there any reason that wouldn't work? Is there a better way to
do it?

The reason I am thinking about it is just practical: I want to have all
my files (Windows or Cygwin) under one root.

Thanks a lot

Gustavo.