1.5.24: setup.exe segfault

Greg Chicares chicares@cox.net
Sun Apr 8 13:49:00 GMT 2007

I've run setup.exe numerous times this morning, and it segfaulted
only once. I tried again, but couldn't reproduce the problem.

I was trying to roll back mingw-runtime to the prior version, with
the "download without installing" option IIRC. Not anticipating a
crash, I didn't write down each event, but it said something like
"install failed", then took me back to the mirror-selection screen;
I picked the same mirror I had been using; and that's when my just-
in-time debugger popped up, giving the attached report.

Searching the archives for similar reports, I gather that the
backtrace is what might help. I didn't prune the rest of the report,
just in case that's useful. I assume a 'cygcheck.out' isn't wanted,
but please tell me if I guessed wrong. This copy of setup.exe was
downloaded on 2007-03-11:

/home/chicares[0]$ls -o /cygdrive/c/cygwin-cache/setup.exe
-rwx------+ 1 chicares 304128 Mar 11 01:58 /cygdrive/c/cygwin-cache/setup.exe
/home/chicares[0]$md5sum /cygdrive/c/cygwin-cache/setup.exe
b31ddcef84f25919a5d3184167b4a90d */cygdrive/c/cygwin-cache/setup.exe

I guess it's stripped:

/home/chicares[0]$addr2line -e /cygdrive/c/cygwin-cache/setup.exe 0026d86a
??:0