Error with changing directory - No such file or directory

Ben Wylie cygwinlist@benwylie.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 00:39:00 GMT 2007

Thrall, Bryan wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote on Monday, April 02, 2007 5:59 PM:
>> Ben Wylie wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> When I run the batch file I get:
>>>
>>> F:\>cd F:\cygwin\bin
>>>
>>> F:\cygwin\bin>bash --login -i deletescript.sh
>>> F:/Progra~1/NAVIEG/queues/
>>>
>>> [snip]
>> Hmm, it seems you are not using the version of Cygwin that smacks you
>> over the head with a wet tuna for doing such a thing (is that a
>> feature in the Vista-only 1.7.0?). Try using POSIX paths instead of
>> DOS-style paths, and see if that fixes it.
>
> Yes, plus d2u will probably also help.

It doesn't seem to mind the DOS style paths as they are converted by
cygwin, however the d2u resolved my problem.

I notice when I reinstalled cygwin, I chose the Unix/binary default text
file type which I believe is at the root of this problem. I have now
reinstalled again with the DOS/text line endings option and it is happy
again without having to convert all of the line endings to Unix style.

Thanks for your help and sorry about the double post.

Ben