1.5.22: Xercesc compile problems

Jan Rottberg jan.rottberg@googlemail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:06:00 GMT 2006

Hi.

When I try to compile a very basic c++-program that uses xercesc there
are a lot of compiling errors. The errors are: "undefined reference to
'xercesc_2_5......'" I used the xercesc package from the dev-tree in
the basic cygwin-install.

Are there any hints to get solve this?

BTW: the actual xerces-release is 2.7.0.

For those of you, that want to try out by themself, here is the small
program from the xercesc-tutorial.

===start tutorial program===
#include <xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp>
// Other include files, declarations, and non-Xerces-C++ initializations.
XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   try {
    XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
  }
  catch (const XMLException& toCatch) {
    // Do your failure processing here
    return 1;
  }

  // Do your actual work with Xerces-C++ here.

  XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate();

    // Other terminations and cleanup.
  return 0;
}