Problems with GMP in latest Cygwin

Tim Prince timothyprince@sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 28 14:24:00 GMT 2006

William Hart wrote:
> I seem to be having some problems with the GMP library
> in the latest version of Cygwin. I just installed the
> latest Cygwin along with the latest GMP, however C
> code that previously worked with GMP+Cygwin no longer
> does.

This is not such a new problem, but I have not been able to get a
working pre-built version of gmp from the mirrors I normally use.  It
worked fine when I installed from the source on the same server, once I
recognized that --enable-shared is required, so that it will over-write
all the corrupted libraries.  Perhaps you are the first person to report
trouble on an AMD.