gdb attach to process to produce stacktrace

Hans Horn hannes@2horns.com
Wed Sep 20 16:22:00 GMT 2006

That's all I needed to know.
So in order for the process I'm attaching gdb to to terminate on its own I
must not use anything that ends up in a windows dll.

In the mingw/msys sources (msys\rt\src\newlib\libc\sys\go32\sleep.c) I found
a sleep impl (DJ Delorie, 1991) that emulates the sleep functionality using
repeated time() calls.
no windows dll there - just what the doctor ordered.

thanks for all your help.
H.