Read not honouring "-r"?

Tue Sep 19 03:32:00 GMT 2006

Irwin, Doug wrote:
> All,
>
> I am working on a script which monitors mounts for free space.
>
> It does this by reading from a config file (surprise) consisting of
> mount, threshold, threshold.
>
> One would expect a "read -r fs t2 t3" to process this without attempting
> to expand slashes.  But I can't seem to get this bit working... And I
> can't seem to find any doco on doing that in Cygwin.
>
> I've attached the files I am testing with in the hope that someone can
> help me work this out.
>
> No doubt I have missed something rather obvious.
>
> Any assistance greatly appreciated!

You really only need to send the request once.

I guess you're going to need to be more specific about the problem you're
seeing.  I got:

# sh test.sh
/
200
200
/c
200
200
/d
200
200
/usr/bin
200
200
/usr/lib
200
200

FWIW, I got the same results on Cygwin and Linux.  Perhaps it makes sense to
review the problem reporting guidelines before posting any follow-up:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746