Mount does not show Samba files

Arun Biyani abiyani@unix.telasic.com
Wed Sep 13 22:53:00 GMT 2006

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> See your cygcheck output:
I have a crontab task which generates a cygcheck.log file every night.
I've just realized that
the cygcheck output of the cron task is quite different from when I run
cygcheck as a user.
I apologize for this. I've attached a cygcheck.log that I just generated.

> CYGWIN = 'nontsec'
I only see this for the cron task. I start cron by typing "cygrunsrv
--start cron". Perhaps its
generated by cygrunsrv.

> This must be set in your environment somewhere.  Possibly this is
> introduced
> by Altera tools Dave mentioned (thanks Dave).  If you don't know why
> it's set,
> find it and remove it.  Alternatively, if you cannot find it for some
> reason, at least unset it in your cygwin.bat file (assuming you start
> Cygwin
> that way).  This is a cheap hack though.  You're better off removing the
> setting for real.
[tmp$:554] echo $CYGWIN
bash: CYGWIN: unbound variable
[tmp$:555] set | grep CYGWIN
[tmp$:556] cygcheck -srv | grep CYGWIN
Environment         : CYGWIN="nontsec"                     ---- cron
settings
Environment         : CYGWIN="ntsec notraverse"        ---- exim settings
Display name        : CYGWIN syslogd
[tmp$:557]

> Your cygcheck says you have cygwin package version 1.5.19-4.  The current
> version is 1.5.21-2.
 1831k 2006/07/30 C:\win\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2006/7/30 10:21
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.5.21
        DLL epoch: 19

The dll seems to be correct version.

> I think you're getting a conflicts between Altera and Cygwin.
> Removing Altera
> is likely not the solution to the problem you see but it will avoid
> other/
> future problems.  The solution to your current problem is to
> regenerate your
> passwd/group files, as Dave mentioned.  At least this should work if your
> user and the resource available are in the same domain.

I will remove Altera from the path and report back if it helps.
Arun