Newbie questions: missing packages / script writing

Tue Oct 31 23:23:00 GMT 2006

On 10/31/2006, cygwin wrote:

> > > If you had read the list of available lists at
> > > http://cygwin.com/lists.html, you would have found the correct list.
>
> I did read that page (amongst my other research), but I guess I'm
> missing something obvious - what list is aimed at cygwin "newbies"?

The lists are not so much divided up by experience as by topic.  Issues
concerning X go to the cygwin-xfree list, as Brian mentioned.  That's
why you were pointed to the lists page.  It clearly states what kind of
questions are on-topic for each list.

Holliston, MA 01746