costly accurate link counts, Vista compat...(was Re: questions about excessive disk usage when doing tab completion)

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Oct 24 17:25:00 GMT 2006

Linda Walsh wrote:
> Of course Cygwin is already faster than MS's own POSIX subsystem;
> Such compatibility may be one reason why MS dropped future revisions
> of their Interix (POSIX) subsystem support.  I wonder if it even
> runs on Vista?  For that matter, anyone tried Cygwin to see if there are
> any compatibility issues for Cygwin on Vista?

Eh? That would be news to me. Last I heard it had become "SUA" (Services
for UNIX-based Applications) and was a core component of Windows.

But it still sucks. :-)

--
Matthew
Only Joe suffers from schizophrenia. The rest of us enjoy it.