Known problems with rsync 2.6.6? (Solved)

Tue Oct 17 15:47:00 GMT 2006

Andy Pitonyak wrote:
>>> In my case, the problem prevents an rsync on drives local to the
>>> machine.
>
>> Perhaps using ssh is still an option?
>
> That had not occurred to me to try. Treat the local drive as a remote
> drive and use ssh... I know how to do that in Linux, but not in cygwin....
> I suppose that I simply need to start a daemon to listen for ssh
> connections.

Install "Openssh", run ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config.  Try to ssh
to 'localhost'.  If that works, port 22 is likely available and you should
be able to rsync over ssh! :-)  If not, you may be out of luck while running
your VPN client. :-(

Holliston, MA 01746