Is there a way to install old version cygwin?

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Tue Oct 10 18:11:00 GMT 2006

Eric Blake wrote:
> For example, it may just be a matter of figuring out which scripts
> have DOS line endings but reside on binary mounts.
---
    Having this issue surprise me, recently, on an upgrade of
Bash, I wasn't sure why it had worked before and was not working
now.

    I've never used text mounts that I know of -- always binary,
so I was surprised at seeing some change in behavior in this area.

    What was changed recently?  Was it that the old, line-read
functions quietly removed CR's so bash (et al.) wouldn't see
them even on "binary" mounts?

    Seemed to be an increase in compatibility, so it seems like
it was a "Good Thing"(tm), but I just was surprised at it jumping
out so recently.

Beneficent TYIF (BTYIF?),
-l