Installation problem(?) for grace

moka@hol.gr moka@hol.gr
Thu Nov 23 11:53:00 GMT 2006

I need to port a linux application to windows. The main issue
is the graphics, for which I use a system call to gracebat. So since the
 windows machine cannot be on the internet, I downloaded cygwin to a flash
drive
and then copied it and istalled it from the local(flash) directory. Apparently
most of it works, but grace does not.

I did run /bin/rebaseall and then rebooted. While I can do
from the dos command line
cat myfile.dat
and that works fine, when I do
grace
or
gracebat myfile.dat -hdevice JPEG -printfile gracetest.jpg

I get no error, but no result either.(that is return value is 0 as it should,
but no result)

Although the grace bz2 file is some 1.43M, the grace and gracebat executables
 are only 37bytes! So it looks like this is an installation problem.
But I removed grace and gracebat.exe fron /bin and reinstalled
  and I still get the same thing. Any ideas?