make-3.81 update?

Rob Walker rwalker@qualcomm.com
Thu Nov 16 21:45:00 GMT 2006

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Rob Walker wrote:
>> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/make/job.c?rev=1.182&root=make&view=auto
>>

>> Looks like the Windows-style paths support has been accepted as an
>> upstream patch.  When can Cygwin pick this up?
> When make 3.82 comes out.
Thanks.  Is this imminent or scheduled?  Is there anything I can do to
help in the meantime?

I spent some time browsing the Cygwin site looking for information about
package maintainers.  Most of what I found was how to become a package
maintainer for an as-yet-unsupported package.  What I was really looking
for was a list of the current maintainers, and possibly information
about how to help get an already-owned package updated.

Maintenance of bash and make seem to follow very different philosophies
for updates (the former seems much more active), am I mistaken?

Thanks again,
Rob